Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Work in Progress: Crocheted Cowl

I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  I certainly did but these three day weekends always have a way of flying by, don't they?  We capped ours off with a picnic lunch at the lake and a barbecued dinner.  Thankfully we are still enjoying some summer weather here in the Pacific Northwest.


Even though I'm not yet ready to give up summer, I have started thinking about projects for the fall and even winter.  I've started a couple of projects but haven't finished any of them yet, so I thought I'd share one work in progress with you. 

I had pretty much completely taken a break from crocheting during the summer but now that colder months are right around the corner, I've started thinking about what I want to do with my stash of yarn.  I decided to start out with a simple and relatively quick project - a cozy little cowl.  I'm trying out different stitch combinations to see what kind of pattern I end up with.  And I'm not following a pattern, which is how I prefer to crochet.  I'm just making it up as I go, so it should be interesting to see what the completed project looks like.

Once I'm finished with this cowl, I'll show more pictures and provide a pattern as best I can, or at least a template for creating your own version if it's something you want to make yourself.  This little cowl is so easy to make so don't worry if you're a beginner crocheter - this is totally doable!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment