Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall for Handmade Fashion

Pun intended.  Now that autumn is here, I can definitely feel a crisp chill in the air as we're heading out the door in the mornings.  While I am quite sad to see the warm weather go, I am pretty excited about all the fun accessories that fall brings.  If your closet could use some accessory freshening (and whose couldn't?) then a great place to start looking is Etsy.  I could spend hours looking at all the amazing handmade items that sellers have to offer!

There are a few fall/winter accessories that I really want to add to my collection and I found some shops that carry items that are totally fashionable and completely cozy for the coming months.  Here are just a few of my favorites:

1. Chunky infinity scarf - these will keep your neck so snuggly and warm.  They're versatility is great too because they can be worn in several different ways.  I love the color of this one made by DottieQ.  She has others in a variety of colors, so go check out her shop!

2.  Fingerless gloves - or arm warmers, either way these would be perfect for the chilly office.  A long, slouchy pair for me please!  These babies will keep your arms and hands warm while your fingers are still free to type, text or do some crafting.  I am in love with this knitted pair made by corkysue.  She also has them in a mid length and short that just go past the wrist.

3.  Leg warmers - not just for babies and ballerinas anymore!  I think I had a pair of bright purple leg warmers in the 80's but definitely not nearly as chic as this open knit pair by GraceandLaceCo.  These would be beautiful on their own or perfect under some riding boots.  And no need to worry about them conjuring up any Flashdance images!

4.  Crocheted brimmed hat - perfect for beating the winter chill in style or covering up a bad hair day.  These handmade hats by ChristelleChic are the perfect solution to a boring beanie.  They're so cute and feminine - you'll want one in every color!

I hope this gives you some great ideas about how to dress up your fall wardrobe - I know I've got a mental list of must-haves for the season.  If you've got some fall fashion ideas, accessory-related or otherwise, please share them!

Happy fall y'all!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment